Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Let me tell ya a little story about a man named Jed.... Wait, that's a different story. ;p
This story is a brief one about genetics again. During my competitive bodybuilding career I was always asked about how I got my quads so big and ripped. All I did were squats and leg presses - that's it!  Now that I am more interested in strength I'm not at that crazy low body fat of 6% or less; so the cuts are not there.

Okay now the real part of my whole genetics thing. I have not trained triceps directly for over 10 years, yet they continue to be my strongest and most developed body part. My arms are not huge (I only weigh 205 now), but they still measure a little over 18". All I do is heavy bench and heavy should presses. Zero isolation work. Even when I was on stage I always used the basic compound exercises - very rarely did I do press downs, etc.

My point is - yes we can ALL get bigger, leaner, and increase muscularity; But your strongest body parts will always be the easiest to respond. BUT you CAN and WILL still improve your weaker bodyparts by training them. Just don't compare yourself to the pro bodybuilders on about 20 drugs to your physique.

I could write a book about how to build BIG triceps; but my first sentence would have to be, have the right genes!!
Me 2 days ago weighing 205. My tri's are just hangin' no flexing at all.My smile looks crazy flexed though - LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment